Monday, February 12, 2007

Trying to dream of a dream job

I've been asked what my dream job would be. And honestly, I feel sad to say that I do not know.

I'm not sure if everyone knows what their dream job is because it's easy to figure out, or if everyone else somehow has had the opportunity to witness a friend with the dream job or what.

I like change, getting to try different things. I like art, color and creativity. I like doing things with my hands and dislike having to work on my computer too much. I love to eat, love to taste new flavors and even love to read about food. I have a soft spot in my heart for all things made by craftsmen. Handmade objects, made better than a machine ever could, made with care and passion...that is the stuff of the American dream.

But a dream job... alas, I come up empty.

I have considered trying to get a job with an interior design firm, thinking that perhaps I'd be inspired to major in design. I have considered working for a caterer, learning the ropes in case I'd ever one day take the leap into the unknown world of owning my own business.

If anyone has any suggestions that you think might fit, let me know! Until then, the quest continues...

Oh, and one other thing...I would like to earn a decent living!! (Oh dream jobs can be a let-down that way!)

No comments: