Thursday, June 07, 2007

2nd Grade Already!!

That's right.

I'm the proud mother of a child headed into second grade this fall. Eek!

When we were young kids, most of us wished to be older. Now, of course, most of us wish we could be younger!

But mostly, now I just wish to be aware enough to enjoy each moment with my son...because lord knows that I haven't figured out the secret to slowing down time.

This year has flown by. I was lucky enough to be at home with my son this year, so I got to meet and interact with all of the children and parents from his class. It was an awesome experience.

I've met people from Finland, Burma, England, New Orleans, Cascadia (California), along with a few locals as well. And they pretty much were friendly, nice people no matter where they were from.

We went shopping together, went for coffee together, had birthday parties together, shared food and recipes, went for walks and hikes together, and volunteered at many school events.

I think that I'll really miss being at home now that I've had such an amazing year with these wonderful people.

No comments: