Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Guess what I learned to do?

I learned to change the oil in my car! Yay!

I know that it seems silly that I should be so excited about changing my oil (and believe me, I was SO excited), but it was an accomplishment to me.

I think that every girl should know how to change their own oil in their car. Thank goodness for my neighbor Ben, who showed me how and made sure to emphasize what I should and should not do. Basically, it's pretty easy as long as you remember those things.

I've also learned (but I'm still practicing) how to whistle when you put two fingers in your mouth. Another of my neighbors, Christine, taught me how to do that. And every time I successfully whistle, I start laughing like mad. I can't help it, I'm just SO tickled to be able to do something that I didn't think that I'd ever be able to do.

3 comments:

Nerissa said...

You remind me that I need to relearn these skills as I have not employed them in ages. Good on ya! I'd be tickled pink too if I could remember either feat

Kristi said...

Wow. You're my hero. I am so intimidated by all things car-related. Good for you!

Dawn said...

Hi Nerissa and Kristi, it was really simple, just seems difficult if you've never done it. I'm still excited though!