Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Foodie Goal: Eat at one new restaurant every month.

I love food. I love to eat it, cook it and learn about it.

When I moved to Colorado a few years ago, it was a new adventure, a state waiting to be explored. I've made a few small trips, to Colorado Springs, Glenwood Springs and Estes Park. I've tried some local food in my area and in those places I visited.

These are a few places that I've tried and really got a kick out of (for either the food, the location, kitchiness or the people):

Johnson's Corner
- it's a truck stop known for their "dinner plate cinnamon rolls" but I ate the chicken fried steak and pie (yum)
King's Chef Diner - the purple castle looking building is actually an old diner car seating 13; their green chili is excellent (spicy)
Radda Trattoria - a Boulder Italian restaurant that we really loved (try the roasted cauliflower)
Lucile's - a Creole cafe (think beignets with powdered sugar)

But my explorations haven't been as extensive as I originally imagined. So, after seeing this great list compiled by Westword, I asked my friend Judy if she would be interested in trying a new restaurant every month. One a month is not a lot, which is exactly the point. I don't want to feel overwhelmed and then abandon the plan, so I'm sticking to a safe goal.

This month we're going to try another southern food restaurant, called Leenie's up in Longmont. I'll be keeping up with my exercising this week so that I don't feel guilty eating the chicken fried chicken with gravy.

Next on my list (I hope that Judy agrees) is the udon noodle bowl at Bones, a new Denver restaurant that is kicking butt and taking names. Pics and reviews will follow.

Let the dining commence!

No comments: