Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Gotta shed a few pounds

I've decided that I need to get back into the swing of things and lose a few pounds. Or, more specifically, inches.

I'd like to trim my tummy down and lose a little overall so that my arms, thighs, butt is slimmer in general.

So, I've been reading different things about how to lose weight. Of course, there are as many diets out there as there are dieters, so it's a hard thing to figure out exactly what to do. I've decided, that in addition to bicycling 3x week, I need to start walking on the other days, at least 30 minutes of hard walking. I also want to start some tummy exercises, but I find the ones I've tried too challenging for a beginner, so I'm going to try some dance-exercise stuff to strengthen up before trying the harder stuff.

But the hardest part will be the diet. I know that I should be eating loads of fruits and veggies...but when I'm choosing between an extra helping of broccoli and another serving of pasta with cheese, broccoli loses! I think that I need to find more exciting ways to prepare fruits and veggies. I also need to find more ways to make them convenient, so that it's easier to eat a banana than reheat my rich chicken leftovers from the night before.

I also need to start incorporating some of those key snacking staples...nuts, water, green tea, high fiber granola, peanut butter, cheese, etc., in healthy portions.

I should weigh/measure myself now and track my loss. Maybe that's what I'll do today!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I need to do the same thing. I've already been eating less junk food and eating less in general. Last night I went on a LONG hike, almost 7 miles and with 1200' elevation gain. Whew!

But it's a good goal! How many pounds do you want to lose? I'm aiming for about 15, which is about how much I've gained since last summer.

Dawn said...

Well, I'm interested in getting a flatter tummy and trimming down. I'm not sure how many pounds it will ultimately end up being. I think that I have lost a few pounds in the last few months and am down to around the upper 130s...I think I'd like to be at 130 or below. We'll see!!