Thursday, October 09, 2014

I love my car dealership, I hate my car dealership

It's a love/hate thing.

I decided to take my car to Fisher Honda in Boulder to get the oil changed. Usually I take my car to a small, local shop that would (in theory) charge less than the dealer. But, they hired a guy who always has a negative comment and always makes me feel bad when I'm there. I really don't have time for this kind of stuff in my life. It's the Grease Monkey in Louisville, CO, if anyone is curious. They used to be awesome, but ever since the new guy in the office started, I struggled to maintain my loyalty.

The nice thing about my car dealership is that they honor a 15% Costco discount for most services rendered. I'm not sure if this applied to a simple oil change or not, because the woman who checked me in for service was kind enough to apply a $5 discount.

They, as usual, were kind enough to tell me all of the big picture things I need to do to my car. Which is where the hate part of my relationship comes into play. I need to replace my timing belt, get new tires soon, and do my major routine service. All said and done, it will cost somewhere in the ballpark of $1,500! Geez. This really drives home the need to find a job.

I still really like my dealership.They don't pressure you, make you feel like they're telling you anything false, and my oil change only cost around $31 after the discount. I guess if it comes down to it, I can stand on a street corner with a sign that reads: Will work for timing belt and tires!

No comments: