Monday, October 30, 2006

Weekend Fun!

My sister came out to visit us this weekend from LA. We had a good time!

We played Guitar Hero and Karaoke Revolution Party Edition (oh, I bet my neighbors loved to hear us rock out). We carved our pumpkins and baked pumpkin seeds. The batch with the cinnamon sugar was so yummy! And we broke open and ate a pomegranate, which are in season and delicious!

We checked out a local bar in Denver called the Blake Street Tavern. It was very much a local's bar and the drinks were good, service was likewise.

And lastly, we showed my sister my son's Halloween costume. Which is a surprise! I'll post a photo tomorrow showing the finished product.

Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 cups rinsed and toweled dry pumpkin seeds
2 tsp. melted butter
Pinch salt
Sugar and cinnamon, to taste

Heat the oven to 300 degrees F.

Toss the cleaned seeds with the melted butter and salt. Spread into a single layer on a large cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 45 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring once half-way through.

Once removed from the oven, toss in a bowl with cinnamon and sugar until the desired sweetness/taste is achieved. Serve.

No comments: