Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Christmas Shopping has officially begun.


I finally faced the facts. Christmas is indeed coming and time is not slowing down. Rats.

Now that the facts have been faced, I now have to determine what gifts to buy everyone.

On a budget, no less. So, I am hoping that my favorite pasttime, that is, tinkering with crafts of all sorts, will pay off.

I found my inspiration this year in Martha Stewart's Holiday Handmade Gifts, on the stands now.

Homemade goodies of all sorts. I hope that there will be something for everyone. We'll see!

Here is what I want to make, so far:

Candles in unique vessels
Sweets - truffles and cookies
Possibly soap

I can't give away all my secrets, since a particular gift-recipient may be reading, but suffice it to say that I should be keeping myself busy on the weekends!

Does anyone else have plans to make some handmade gifts this Christmas?

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I saw this advertized in MS Living, which I subscribe to, and made a note to pick it up myself. I love the idea of handmade soap. I may give that one a try.

Dawn said...

You should! They have some really cute suggestions about soap in this one. If I try any, I'll let you know.