Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Time to catch up...

Christmas went about as planned this year (which is a good thing), and now that it's over, I am breathing a little sigh of relief! No more shopping, wrapping or searching for gift ideas.

Well, at least until the next holiday arrives.

I hope that everyone out there got something fun that they wanted, and I will be making the rounds as time permits today to see what's new with everyone.

I feel pretty lucky. Among my gifts from family and friends, I received:

2 stock pots (I'm keeping both and throwing out my two old blah pots), 1 is a 10 quart and the other is a 12 quart. The 10 quart also has a pasta insert and a glass lid while the other has a stainless lid and is a little wider.

1 Henckels paring knife

1 "condiment container" which is the stainless steel and glass little container that Alton Brown uses on his cooking show

1 set of cheese knives (the kind that are all different shapes for cutting different types of cheeses)

A poster of Cheeses of the World (that coworker knows me well, I'd say)

The complete collection of Calvin and Hobbes comics in a nice 3 book set.

I hope that you've all been having good holidays. Until the new year officially starts, I will probably only be on my blog sporatically, but I should be back full time after that.

See you in 2006!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Melissa, I was definitely lucky this year. Happy new year to you, too!

Kristi said...

Ohhh... you got some nice foodie gifts. And guess what? I haven't blogged about it yet (it truly deserves its own post) but my husband bought me a mixer! It's so 1950s housewife, but I love it! Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

Kristi, that's great! I love getting gifts that I know I can use. Happy new year to you, too!

Shauna said...

What lovely gifts. Clearly, everyone knows your foodie tastes!

I hope that this week is wonderfully restful.

Joe said...

Nice Gifts! Happy New year!

Fran said...

Wow--you received some great gifts. It is so nice when you get exactly what you like! Enjoy.

Dawn said...

Shauna, thanks, I like them, too! I hope your week is nice too.

Joe, Thanks and Happy New Year to you!

Fran, I agree...this year I was lucky to get so many things that I really liked.