10. I learn stuff from other people.
9. I get recipes that have already been tried, critiqued and photographed. Thank you for making the mistakes first!
8. The smells...(I swear I can smell this stuff sometimes)...ok, the "hallucinated" smells.
7. Amazing photos...food, animals, scenic vistas...and sometimes a loving boyfriend in spandex.
6. It doesn't matter what language the blog is in...usually, you can still enjoy them. Food is universal.
5. I don't have to read the depressed ramblings of lonely high school/college/fill-in-the-blank people who are self-obsessed. I'll take food-obsessed people any day!
4. Foodies don't dedicate entire entries on how George W. Bush is the devil.
3. The inspiration. Foodies are definitely the type to feed off of one another. No pun intended.
2. The motivation. I know that someone will be looking forward to my next project...must---get---off---the---couch!
1. The people. From every corner of the world, all sorts of professions, there is community in blogs. And the people are what makes or breaks a community. And the foodie blog community pretty much rocks!